*** STOP PRESS - Junior Training Evenings (Covid Compliant) ready to launch from wc 15 June! ***
With careful use of the outfield we can train up to 25 players per evening. This equates to 5 pods of 5 players, with 1 coach for each. Social distancing and other safety measures will be followed, as per ECB guidelines. So please note:
- No changing rooms, so please arrive changed.
- Toilets will be open but no other use of clubhouse.
- No Bar or BBQ and no spectating from anywhere other than car park.
- Players to bring their own kit, including ball if possible. There are limited options to loan club kit - once issued it will remain with that player until end of season.
Training sessions start next week (wc 15th June) and will run all the way through summer holidays until Sept 2020. Sessions will run from 6pm until 8 ish
Each age group has been assigned a training evening and a lead coach.
If your child wishes to take part, please contact lead coach before attending your first session to confirm there is space.
* Mondays - Wicket Maidens (Girls hardball)- Please confirm attendance with Niall MacDougall email@example.com
* Tuesday - U11s Boys - Please confirm attendance with Rob Moyser firstname.lastname@example.org
* Wednesdays - U13 Boys - Please confirm attendance with Nigel Unwin email@example.com
* Thursdays - U15s - no notification necessary as numbers will not exceed limits
Sorry to say that we don't have capacity or confidence in our ability to maintain social distancing for U9 or All Stars sessions at the moment. The weather is set fair and the ground looks fabulous, so let's try and rescue some joy this year with a bit of cricket.
Please feel free to pass this message on to anyone who may not be on Pitchero eg new members. Subject to capacity we still want to pursue our goal of bringing fun, safe cricket to as many people as possible!
As ever, if f you have a general inquiry about junior cricket at Winsley, please feel free to contact me directly:
David Baxter, Youth manager and Club Welfare Officer